Monday, November 30, 2009

Have you seen IT hiring from federal stimulus?

D o you have an IT position in a company that has received federal stimulus dollars? I'd love to hear from you.

The reason I'm wondering is the recent report in Infoworld that only 21 IT jobs have been created or saved through $26 million in federal spending at technology companies nationwide. I waded through a bit of the data at recovery.gov to see if I could follow the money, but it would take days to recreate the trail.

So, I'm thinking I'd rather hear the stories from you.
  • Did your company receive stimulus dollars and hire (or not lay off) IT employees? 
  • Did you get new hardware instead? 
  • Is your company one of those in line for funds but still waiting?
  • Does this Infoworld article reflect your experience? 
  • What's really happening out there? 

No comments:

Post a Comment