Sunday, March 15, 2009

Indeed.com

If you're at the point in your job search that you're actively looking for positions, visit www.indeed.com. It seems to have the least clutter (think of NOT wading through 400 work-at-home scams) and easy search parameters. I just fill in all of the zip codes I'm looking for that day, and hit submit. If I want email alerts, I fill in the zip codes and click.

If you're looking for jobs around Grand Forks, remember to use all of the zip codes.

The thing I haven't liked is that the search engine can't seem to tell the difference between Michigan, ND, and the state of Michigan, but I don't have a lot of clients from either, so it's not tough.

Also, the National Guard loads up one of the zips (I think 58202) with their openings, and that doesn't usually fit with my purposes, but if you're looking for them, you'll find them.

Jeri

No comments:

Post a Comment